1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
3 cups all-purpose or whole wheat flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1.5 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1.5 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1.5 tsp vanilla
1.5 cups sour cream
1. Heat oven to 350. Grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan or 10-inch angel food (tube) cake pan.
2. In small bowl, mix filling ingredients; set aside.
3. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
4. In large bowl, beat granulated sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in flour mixture alternately with sour cream on low speed.
5. Spread 1/3 of the batter (about 2 cups) in pan; sprinkle with 1/3 of the Filling (about 6 tablespoons). Repeat twice.
6. Bake about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool 10 minutes.
Note: Cake can be sprinkled with some powdered sugar, if desired.
Sunday, July 31, 2016