4 medium carrots, sliced (2 cups)
1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
2 cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes with Italian-style herbs, undrained
2 cans (14 oz each) chicken broth
2 cans (14 oz each) cannellini beans, drained
2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 package (9 oz) refrigerated cheese-filled ravioli
1/2 lb ground Italian sausage
2-3 handfuls of fresh spinach, rinsed and dried
1. In 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix first five ingredients. Cover; cook on low heat setting about 6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
2. After the six hours is up, brown sausage in a skillet. Increase heat setting to high. Stir in ravioli, sausage, spinach, and basil. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until ravioli are tender and heated through.
Sunday, July 20, 2014
Saturday, July 19, 2014
1/2 stick plus 1 tbsp butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 whole egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2-1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup whole milk
2 cups fresh blueberries
3/4 stick butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, and a salt. Stir and set aside.
3. Cream butter with sugar. Add egg and mix until combined. Add vanilla and mix. Add flour mixture and milk alternately until totally incorporated. Do not overbeat. Stir in blueberries until evenly distributed.
4. Grease a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish. Pour in batter.
5. In a separate bowl, combine topping ingredients and cut together using two knives or a pastry cutter. Sprinkle over the top of the cake.
6. Bake cake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Sprinkle with additional sugar and cinnamon, if desired. Cut into squares and serve.
(from Pioneer Woman)