4 cups instant white rice, uncooked
2 cups warm water
4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (1-1/2 lb.), 1/2 inch thick
1 can (13.75oz) artichoke hearts, drained, quartered
1 pint grape tomatoes
1/2 of a 12 oz jar roasted red peppers, cut into strips
1/2 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
1/4 cup pesto
1. Heat oven to 400.
2. Mix rice and water; spoon onto centers of 4 large sheets heavy-duty foil. Top with chicken, artichokes, peppers, and tomatoes; drizzle with combined dressing and pesto.
3. Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and both ends to seal each packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Place in 15x10x1-inch pan.
4. Bake 30-35 minutes or until chicken is done (165 degrees on a meat thermometer). Remove packets from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Cut slits in foil to release steam before opening.
Tuesday, August 11, 2015
4 cups instant white rice, uncooked
Monday, August 10, 2015
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp sweet relish
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp chili sauce
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp Creole seasoning
Couple dashes of hot sauce
Squeeze of lemon
1. Put all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until well combined.
2. The remoulade can be served immediately with crab cakes, and is even better if refrigerated for a couple of hours to allow flavors to marry. Keep refrigerated.
Makes approximately 2/3 cup sauce.
Sunday, July 26, 2015
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup melted butter
1. Brush non-stick surface of waffle iron with a layer of vegetable oil. Heat waffle iron according to model instructions. (Waffle irons without a nonstick coating may need to be brushed with vegetable oil or sprayed with cooking spray before batter for each waffle is added.)
2. In large bowl, beat eggs with wire whisk until fluffy. Beat in remaining ingredients just until smooth.
3. Pour 1/2 cup batter onto center of hot waffle iron. (Check manufacturer’s directions for recommended amount of batter, as this will vary from model to model.) Close lid of waffle iron.
4. Bake about 5 minutes or until steaming stops -- or as directed by the manual of your specific waffle iron. Carefully remove waffle with a heat resistant spatula. Serve immediately, topped with butter and syrup, or fresh berries. Repeat with remaining batter.
Servings: varies by waffle iron -- mine yields 8 with this recipe.
To freeze waffles:
Allow waffles to cool completely. Line a baking sheet with a sheet of parchment paper. Place the cooled waffles on the baking sheet making sure that they do not touch each other. If you are freezing more that one layer of waffles, you can simply use another sheet of parchment to separate the layers. Place the baking sheet into the freezer. Allow the pancakes or waffles to freeze for at least 6 hours. Once the pancakes or waffles are completely frozen, stack them in a zip top freezer bag or freezer-safe container.
To reheat frozen waffles:
Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Line the desired number of waffles on the baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until they are heated through.
Wednesday, July 22, 2015
1 chicken (3.5 lb), cut up
3 cups water, divided
peel from 1 lemon, cut up
2 tbsp plus 2 tsp salt
4 cloves garlic, crushed
4 sprigs fresh thyme
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
8 oz Zesty Italian dressing
1 cup ice cubes
1. Remove and discard skin from all chicken pieces except wings. Add all chicken pieces to a resealable plastic bag; place in large bowl.
2. Bring 2 cups water, lemon peel, salt, garlic, and herbs to boil in saucepan. Remove from heat; pour into separate large bowl. Add remaining water, dressing, and ice; stir until ice is melted.
3. Pour over chicken; seal bag. Refrigerate overnight. Remove chicken from dressing mixture; discard dressing mixture. Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Let stand at room temperature 20 minutes. Meanwhile, heat greased grill to medium-high heat.
4. Grill chicken 2 minutes on each side. Reduce grill to medium heat. Grill chicken 8-18 minutes or until done (165 degrees), turning occasionally and removing chicken pieces from grill as they are done. (Smaller pieces will cook more quickly.)
2 tbsp taco seasoning
1 tsp dried oregano leaves
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
1 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
2 tbsp chili sauce
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1. Heat gas or charcoal grill. In shallow bowl, mix taco seasoning mix and oregano. Brush chicken with oil; sprinkle with taco seasoning mixture.
2. Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 10 to 15 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
3. Meanwhile, in small microwavable bowl, mix barbecue sauce, chili sauce and cumin. Cover; microwave on High 30 to 60 seconds or until hot. Serve sauce over chicken.