1 tsp salt, divided
1/4 tsp plus 1/8 tsp white pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
4.5 tbsp flour, divided
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 lb pasta of choice
4 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 tsp minced garlic
8 oz sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1.5 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Combine 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp white pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika and 3 tbsp flour in a ziploc bag. Dredge chicken in flour mixture. Set aside.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pot. Toss with 1.5 tbsp butter and chopped parsley. Cover to keep warm.
3. While pasta is cooking, in a large saute pan over medium-high heat, saute chicken in 1.5 tbsp butter, 2-3 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
4. Working in the same pan, add 1 tbsp butter, 1/4 tsp salt, onions and mushrooms to pan and cook, stirring, 5 minutes, till beginning to brown. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds. Stir in 1.5 tbsp flour, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Add wine, let it bubble up, then stir up any brown bits at bottom of pan. Add chicken broth and lemon juice. Cook 3-4 minutes, or till gravy consistency is reached, adding additional broth if needed.
5. Put chicken back in pan, reduce heat, cover and simmer on low for 15-20 minutes, stirring and turning chicken once, until chicken is done.